What a CRAZY week! Tornados in February? Yep...It was a crazy day on Tuesday. It all started around 2:30...my Anatomy kids were finishing up their dissections and it started to rain out of nowhere. Then...kinda like the movie Independence Day, GIGANTIC hail stones (baseball and golfball size) started hurling from the sky. We were all watching in shock as car windows were busting left and right. And then the tornados began. We were all directed to our shelter at school...stayed about 15 minutes...went back to class...more HUGE hail...back to the shelter...and finally we released the kids for the day! I just thought that was the end of it. I hurried and left to go pick up Harper and on my way the sirens went off again and the radio told everyone to find shelter. Are you kidding me? So I spent the next 45 mintues curled up on the floor of the girl's bathroom at Harper's school. She was really scared, but I was glad I was there to comfort her. Everyone made it out safe...except for my car! The poor Yukon looks like a tank you would see in a battlefield. Oh, well...like I told Harper...things are just things!
Below is a picture of what Richard experienced at home while we were on the bathroom floor at school. He took a few pics and even decided to head inside.
Last week, Harper decided she was no longer scared of the vaccum! Yippee! She even wanted to vaccum for us and did a great job. She is such a big helper and is really trying to be such a big girl in preparation for her Baby Brother's arrival. Which by the the way...isn't very far away. Yikes! Lots to do around our house. The nursery is almost done, I will post pics when I get a chance.Below is a picture of what Richard experienced at home while we were on the bathroom floor at school. He took a few pics and even decided to head inside.


0 comments:
Post a Comment