Monday, May 18, 2009

The Kids' Stats

Last week was Doctor Check-up Week at our house!

Owen went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon for his 2 week check-up. He is a growing boy. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long! The doctor said he was doing fantastic. Here is Owen's two-week picture for his Tuesday book.


Harper went to the doctor on Friday morning for her 4 year old check-up. She is also growing. She is 42 inches tall (90th percentile) and weighs 37.5 lbs (75th percentile). Her visit was much more traumatic than Owen's because she had to get 3 SHOTS!!! And this time she was VERY aware of what was going on. Her antagonizing screams probably sent other kids running out of the doctor's office, but with the help of the nurse, my mom and I, we were able to hold her down. The crazy part is...she didn't even cry when she was actually getting the shots! She recuperated quickly with the help of a cherry slush from Sonic! :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Little Owen is a good eater isn't he?! He's going to be huge before I finally get to see him. Sugary treats always make shots go easier...I always bribe my kids with treats during flu shot time!

Grandma Toni said...

I know Harper has probably gotten over the shots but her Grandma is still traumatized by the ordeal. Even Owen didn't like his sister having to go through that.