Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day...a little late!

This post is a little late...but we are still enjoying our reserve of Valentine's candy...so it can't be that late! :)
Harper and Owen celebrated Valentine's Day for about FOUR days straight.


{Harper and Owen showing off their Valentine Outfits from Uncle Bruce and Aunt Vicki}

Thursday was Harper's afterschool program's Valentine's Day Party. The class had spent the week prior making Valentines Boxes out of cereal boxes...and they were all "glammed" up! Harper took Princess and the Frog Valentines to pass out to her friends. She got a ton of cards and goodies from her friends. The favor of choice this year was temporary tatoos! She had enough to be one bad biker chick.

{The Owl Shirts were a HIT on Friday!}
On Friday, the kids both had Valentine's Parties. I was able to join Harper for her Pre-K party and it was so much fun. They made a craft, listened to a story and passed out their Valentines to their friends sacks. I even got to stay for lunch...Heart Shaped Nuggets, Cherry Sundaes and Chocolate Cake! Yummy!
Owen had his Valentines party at his daycare...although I didn't know they were having one and I didn't send anything. I almost wanted to cry! Miss Carolyn said he ate 3 heart cookies!!! He loved his party!


The requirement Harper's class this year was for the kids to WRITE their own names on their Valentines. And with 52 Valentines...this was a daunting task. We did about 5 per night...so we wouldn't get sloppy...for 10 straight nights! We blog-lifted our Pre-K Valentines from my friend Sara and the results were wonderful. Harper even cut out hearts for each one of the cards!



On Saturday night, Richard and I got to celebrate Valentine's Day (with the help of my parents) by going to dinner at Mama Roja's (super yummy fajitas for two) and heading to the mall to watch Valentine's Day (hilarious and a tear jerker).

We finished off the weekend with lunch on Sunday at Louie's with Grandma, Boppy, Aunt Mel and Uncle Cole! Harper and Owen both got some awesome Valentine's goodies from the family. Fun toys, cool stickers and a great lunch to boot!
We {Love} Valentine's Day!

0 comments: