Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Owen is ONE!!!

April 28th, 2009 at 7:16 am...Owen James came into this world to complete our family! Wow...what a year! It has flown by and yet it is hard to imagine what life was like without "Baby Owen" as we have affectionatley referred to him as for the past 12 months. A few days ago, Harper said..."Mom, it is Big Boy Owen now!" But...he will always be my baby!!!

In honor of being 12 months old...here are 12 things about Owen:

1. He has the blondest hair and the bluest eyes! Yet, looks just like his sister!

2. He SMILES all of the time!
3. He LOVES his sister. When he wakes up in the morning...the first thing he says is "Thsissss (Sis) and points at her room, wanting to go and see her!

4. He is all BOY. Tonight we were outside planting flowers and I looked over...his mouth was covered in dirt and he was holding a flower by the "neck" with the roots dangling below.

5. He has to have a hollow leg. The boy loves to eat anything in sight...especially anything his sister is eating!

6. One of his favorite things now is to push cars around and say "vroom." Is this just built into boys?

7. He doesn't know a stranger. He smiles and waves at everyone he meets.

8. He gets so excited when we go to the door to go outside. He starts flapping his arms around and can hardly wait for me to get the door open.

9. He is soooo laidback. He is still crawling and shows no real interest in walking. He gives me the look like..."Mom, it is so much easier to crawl. I'll walk when I want to."

10. He loves his Daddy and Boppy. In fact, when you ask him how a cow goes...he says, "Boppy!" Although he does "raaaarrr" when you ask him how a lion goes.

11. He secretly loves when I rock him to sleep. He goes to sleep twice as fast and fall asleep much harder! :)

12. He completes our family! Today in the car, Harper said, "Mom, thanks for giving me a baby boy. I was so bored before we got him."

Happy 1st Birthday to the Sweetest Boy I know!!! We LOVE you!!!

5 comments:

alisha said...

oh my gosh that is the CUTEST picture. happy birthday, sweet owen! we love you!

Amy W <> said...

Happy Birthday Baby Owen! Oh, how the year has flown by :) Enjoy your month full of Barlow Birthday fun ;)

Grandma Toni said...

The first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was where I was a year ago on this day. It was an awesome day but I must admit Owen is more fun with each day that passes. Happy Birthday Baby Owen!

Sara said...

Whoa! That was a fast year...Happy Birthday Owen!!!

Grandma T said...

We are so blessed to have Owen in our lives. Happy Birthday, little one. Love you!