Tuesday, July 6, 2010

California- Days 1 & 2--San Francisco

Ok...I am going to have to post about our vacation in sections because I took over 900 pictures. I'm quite sure you don't want to see all of them, but I just can't narrow them down. Plus, I haven't edited more than the first two days so far.

I have been on a family vacation every year since I was born, but believe it or not...I have NEVER been to California. I've been to so many other places, but never here. I was very excited and had heard so many great things about it. Harper was the most excited about the BEACH. I told her over and over again that it was a cold beach, but she didn't care!

My dad and Richard set out with the RV on Wednesday, June 23rd for the long trek to Cali. My mom, the kids and I flew to San Jose on Saturday the 26th...the boys picked us up there. This was Owen's first plane ride and he was super pumped. We would ask him all week, "Do you want to ride on a plane?" and he would shake his head and say "uhuh." So cute! (I will have to post pics of him at the airport later...took them on my small camera.)

We spent Saturday and Sunday in San Francisco...and boy was it a treat! Not to mention...FREEZING! Everyone had warned me, but I thought oh whatever, so I set out in capris, t-shirt, cardigan, and flip flops...after a few seconds I was in the closest gift shop buying a sweatshirt jacket and a long-sleeved tee and wishing they sold Parkas! I put my kids in every possible clothing item I brought, but they were still cold. Harper ended up with some $3.99 RED sweatpants from Walgreen's and Owen wore his PJ's under his outfit. We had a great time in San Francisco, before heading up to Yosemite National Park! More vacation posting to come soon! :)


{Every vacation includes visits to Universities...this time Stanford. Richard collects University T-Shirts and boy are there a ton in California. I think he got three shirts this time!}


{At the beach in California...freezing cold...who would have thought!?!}


{One happy Beach Bum!}



{First thing he did...eat the sand! Yummy!}

{Posing with Grandma & Boppy on the Hyde St. Pier}

{The Famous Sea Lions on Pier 39! So Cool...coming from a former Zoology teacher!}


{Found this in a book store...Larry Gets Lost in San Francisco! Had to have Boppy (Larry) pose with it even though he didn't get lost!}

{The boys walking up Lombard Street, the crockediest street in the world. Owen even walked a little ways up!}

{Ghiradelli Square...yummy chocolate..one happy Mom!}

{Vacation can make a guy tired!}

{Searching for treasures on the shore. I'm telling you...this girl loved the ocean!}

{The fog finally cleared to get a pic of the Golden Gate Bridge.}


{Alcatraz from a distance!}

{Everyone listening to the audio tour at Alcatraz. Later that trip Harper told someone we went to an "old jail." I can only imagine what she was thinking!}

{Sure seems HAPPY to be in the Hole!}

{He escaped...just like Al Capone!}
{Eating Cherries bought from a roadside stand on the way from San Fran to Yosemite! More about the fabulous fruit to come!}

2 comments:

alisha said...

how fun. and owen in his pjs under his clothes cracks me up! glad you guys had a great trip.

Sara said...

First of all, we should really talk more...I had NO IDEA you were going to the west coast!! Second, great pictures. Can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip.