Wednesday, December 15, 2010

S'more Please!

Last Friday night we finally got to use our chimanea...that we bought over a year ago. Of course being outside with fire on a cold night meant only one thing...S'mores!!!


Harper was so excited to make them. She has had them several times before but she was pumped to make her own. She did a great job staying back from the fire, but she didn't get the marshmallows very hot. I stepped in and showed her how to catch them on fire and then blow them out. Burnt mallows...yummy!


Owen was more impressed with the marshmallow on the stick. He grabbed the stick and started swinging it around and saying "pew...pew..pew" like it was a weapon. I am telling you, it is ingrained into boys! He liked to roast his mallow (the same one was on his stick the entire time) and then take it and poke in the dirt, rub it along the dirty patio, the gas grill, etc. Needless to say, Harper and I cooked the S'more for Owen! It was a very chilly night, but we had a nice warm, yummy treat!



1 comments:

Sara said...

YUM.MY!! I want to come next time! And what is it with boys dragging their food through the dirt?!