Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day of School...Third Time Around

I just had to post this for the memory of it all!
Today, Harper went back to Kindergarten with her THIRD brand new teacher!!! Yep..that is right...3rd!
Her first teacher stayed the first few weeks and had a baby. Enter the second teacher who stayed until the first teacher was to return from maternity leave in January (really long maternity leave if you ask me). Second teacher gets another job because she is expecting first teacher to come back. Well...first teacher decides to stay home full time, at the last minute. Enter...THIRD teacher who started TODAY.
You know when you look at your brand new baby in the hospital and imagine all the firsts that are yet to come...Kindergarten is one of them. However, this just really isn't what I had pictured. What it boiled down to last semester was a trip to the district office to pick up Math and Writing Curriculum and a Hooked on Phonics Kit purchase and 30-45 minutes a night of me teaching Harper Kindergarten skills. Who knew that a high school principal was trained to do that. I learned a ton! God Bless the teachers that do teach Kindergarten!
Here's to hoping that the Third time is the charm! Harper came home today happier than I have seen her (about school) in a long time and my heart smiled!!!

1 comments:

Richard said...

I am also excited about her finally being excited about kindergarten. And great job on the teaching reading, you two have done a phenomenal job!