Friday, September 16, 2011

Harper's Big Week!

Harper's weeks are pretty full...most of our routine goes like this...
Monday: Harper goes to Ballet/Modern Class; Owen goes to Music Class
Tuesday:  Stay Home...but usually end up at a school function with Mom
Wednesday: Harper goes to Jazz/Hip-Hop class and then to Kinect at Church with friends
Thursday: Stay Home, Homework Night...study for Spelling, Sight Words and do homework papers
Friday: Friday Night Lights...High School Football...our favorite

However, last week was proved to be a huge week for Harper!  On Thursday, late morning, I got a call from Harper's principal telling me that I ought to come get her from school because at lunch...Harper's leg got STUCK in the lunch table!  "What?" I said...yep...that is right.  Her knee got jammed between the benches of the lunch table and they had to get all of the kids to stand up with their trays before they could pop the table up to get her unjammed.  When I went to pick her up, I think she was more traumatized than anything.  I took her down to OU to see Dr. Aunt Mel who gave us a bag of ice and tons of fun doctor toys to play with to make it all better.  It was slightly bruised and sore the next day, but she is fine now.  Crazy!

But on Friday, she had a much better day...she come home from school to tell me that she had made a 100% on her very first spelling TEST!  Woohoo!  We did a huge "She got a 100!" dance around the house and hung it right on the fridge.  So super proud of her!!!

Always an adventure around our house!!!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Harper's school obviously doesn't have mini fridge stocked with ice packs...not that we do :)

Ice is the cure-all for many injuries! Kids manage to get into the strangest predicaments!!

A+ on the spelling. YAY!