Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We Were {are} Very Thankful

It has been awhile since Thanksgiving (ya think!!!) but I must post in order...type A!





We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!  The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we got to spend a ton of time outside at the farm.  Harper and Owen were both in hog heaven and did not want to leave at the end of the day.  If I recall correctly...Owen even threw a major fit!
We went to Grandma's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's family.  We ate a huge, yummy meal and then went back for tons of desserts.  My aunt even broke out the thanksgiving play I had written when I was about 9 or 10.  I recited it for the whole family...just as I had written it.  Hilarious!  Hard to believe that Harper will be that age in only a few short years. 
The highlight of the day was going out to help Boppy in one of the fields.  There was a mile of electric fence that he needed to tie tape to (...to keep the deer out) and he enlisted the help of the little ones.  They were troopers...never complained and even ran all the way back to the car after tying ribbon the whole mile.




It was  beautiful day to celebrate all that we are thankful for!

On Saturday, Richard made a fried turkey at our house.  If you've never had one...they are delicious.  He gets super pumped to make this every year.  Can you tell?

0 comments: