
A few weekends ago, my parents, Harper, Owen and I (Richard had to take his administration test that day...bummer!) headed to Orange Country to participate in the Remember the Ten Run. We loaded up really, really early and arrive in Stillwater by 7 am. I love that my kids always get so excited to go to Stillwater...makes my heart happy! And they were double pumped because we got to run in a race when we got there. All of us did the 2K (about 1 mile) Fun Run. Harper and I lined up towards the front to run with the pack and Owen, Grandma and Boppy were close behind. Of course, Pistol Pete was there with his gun to start the race. Harper and I ran almost the entire way...stopping almost briefly for her to catch her pace and then finished strong. We were lucky that we got done fast enough to watch Owen, Grandma and Boppy come racing across the finish line. They said that Owen actually walked/ran most of the way! He was motivated by the banana received at the end of the race! Way to Go Family!!!
We then spent the next couple of hours walking around campus and of course eating at Hideaway! LOVE me some ORANGE!!!!
1 comments:
Must say that even though that much orange makes me sick to my stomach :) I loved seeing the kids so excited!
Post a Comment