Our Halloween seemed a little more hurried this year. I guess it just snuck up on us! But we were able to do our usual, fun Halloween activities.
We started the week decorating and carving pumpkins! Harper and Owen both decided to paint and decorate their pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. But when it came to the big carving pumpkins...Richard and I lent a hand. Both kids went with designs from a carving book and I think they turned out super awesome!
A few nights before Halloween, Owen and I attended the Mummy & Son Masquerade Party at our Community Center. I had a hard time scrounging up an outfit to match Owen...so I just went as a 50's girl. We met up with a bunch of Owen's friends and he was so excited. He even got 2nd place in the Costume Contest. They played games, gathered candy and even got their faces painted. It was a great time...just Owen and I...we don't get to do that very often.
On Halloween day, both kids had parties at school. One thing I love about being in administration and not teaching is that I get to sneak away to go to their parties. It was so much fun to see Owen interacting with his friends. At his party, his class sang several songs for us and recited a poem. So cute! Harper's party was really fun too. They didn't get to wear their costumes, but they did get to wear their PJ's. So much fun!
I even got to dress up! Our school has a huge costume contest and the faculty even participate. The administrative team went as Duck Dynasty!
Later that night, we headed back up the high school for "Halloween in the Halls." Our students were lined up and down the halls handing out candy to all the little kids. It was so much fun to see everyone in their costumes. Hazen, our little sock monkey, even joined in the fun! Cool thing about all of the costumes...my Mom made all of them! We had to get a picture of that for the scrapbook. After the school we went with a few of our friends around the neighborhood to get even MORE candy!

1 comments:
I love ALL the costumes, but I have to say that my favorite picture is the one of Owen wearing helmet while carving pumpkins...that is serious business :)!
Post a Comment