Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ringing in the New Year

We debated on doing several things for New Year's Eve, but when it came down to it...we decided to just have an "at home" celebration.  We actually went over to our friends' house to celebrate.  Of course, we had to celebrate in Grand Kid Style!  (Thank you Pinterest!)
I blew up 5 balloons and placed an activity inside each one.  Each kid got to pop a balloon when we were ready for the next activity. 
Activity #1: Decorate a Party Hat!


After this we ate a super yummy dinner of Chuy's Elvis Fried Chicken!
Next up...Activity #2:  Bobbing for Donuts
The kids ended up using their hands, but they were laughing too hard to take many bites!
Then on to Activity #3:  Marshmallow Dodgeball
I underestimated the intensity of 5 little kids and their ability to hurl a marshmallow.  Let me just tell you...they kind of sting when they hit!

Activity #4: Glow in the Dark Silly String
I couldn't actually find the glow in the dark kind, but we had glow sticks that the kids wore and went outside with silly string.  Fun, but cold!
Last but not least...the last activity of the evening...Activity #5: Rescue the Sour Patch Kids
What could be better than whipped cream and sour patch kids, right?  Gross!  But they had a ton of fun getting messy!


By the time we played and finished our activities, it was time to ring in the New Year at 11:00pm.  Thank goodness we live in the Central Time Zone.  Thank you New York for allowing us to go to bed early!

1 comments:

Sara said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but that looks like a TON of fun!