Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America? Even though the Barlow's did not vote for Obama, today was still a special piece of history. I lectured to my students about this all day long. I told them...30 years from now people will ask...Grandma/Grandpa do you remember the day...?
I didn't figure any of this would be of any concern to Harper, but on the way home from school today, she exclaimed (out of nowhere) "Mom, Barack Obama was the only winner!" As I almost wrecked the car, I realized...again...she is a little sponge. They must have watched it at school today and the teacher discussed that he won the Presidency. So just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I googled a pic of Obama and Harper immediately said..."Thats him! He won!" So to commemorate this day for Harper...here is a picture of her with Barack Obama!

4 comments:
What an amazing Mom Harper has! And, yes, she is a little sponge, constantly keeping us on our toes about what we say and how we say it.
In 40 years or so maybe she will be the first woman elected president. I'm sure Obama is a president she'll remember. History learned first hand is history remembered.
I think we should send Harper to Washington as an advisor!
Mom, we have an amazing little girl who's intelligence never ceases to amaze me. But then again she is her mommies little girl.
Post a Comment