Sunday, January 31, 2010

Daddy-Daughter Dance!

Last night was the 7th Anuual Daddy-Daughter Dance held at our Town's Community Center. Harper is 4 this year, so she finally got to go. She has been talking about this "prom" (from having a mom who is a prom sponsor) for over 5 weeks. As each Saturday would roll around, she would say, "Only # weeks until the Daddy-Daughter Dance!" With the weather being yucky...I was so afraid they would cancel it. But the city pulled thorugh and scraped enough roads and parking lots. Whewww! I was kind of afraid we would have to hold a mach dance right in our living room!

At about 3 pm, Harper started the beauty routine. She took a bath and washed her hair. When she got out, we had a mini-manicure session. She chose pink...of course!

Then we put her dress on and headed to the salon (my bathroom). I pulled her hair up and pinned down a few curls and we even added a little bling. She was so proud of her new look...she kept turning from side-to-side looking in the mirror.

After Harper was ready, Daddy got dressed up in his suit or "hux-n-tux" as Harper calls it. Then, as any good mother does...I started taking pics. We had a mini-photo session and then they headed out. I will let you check out Richard's blog for details about the dance (he'll probably post later). The happy pair got home about 8 pm and she was talking a mile a minute. So fun! I wish I could have gone!


1 comments:

Sara said...

This is the best idea! I might just have to do this in Coldwater, just so Cambree can go. I don't know how Jeremy would feel about going, but I know they would have a great time. Can't wait to catch Richard's side of things!