Monday, February 22, 2010

The Healthy Plate

So, I asked Harper what they learned about at school today and she told me they were learning about the body! The Science teacher in me said, "Super Cool!" She went on to tell me they were learning about healthy food choices and how to take care of their teeth. Again...this Mom says, "Yippee!"


Well, as I was going through her bag after dinner, to see if there were any important notes crumbled up in there, I stumbled upon a paper plate with grocery ad clippings glued to it. Harper excitedly told me..."Mom, that's my Healthy Plate." I inquired further...she told me they were told to cut out pictures of healthy food and glue them to the plate.


And so you have it folks....






The Healthy Plate

which includes...

Cut Okra

Blackeyed Peas

a Glazed Donut

and a 4-lb. bag of Sugar!



I guess a "sweet tooth" is genetic. I wonder if cavaties are?

3 comments:

Grandma Toni said...

Yes, she definitely belongs to this family!!!

Sara said...

Gotta love kids...Cambree wanted to give up "Bedgetables" for Lent! HAHA!

And yes, cavaties are genetic, I've learned from experience!!!

Grandma T said...

Definitely a child after my own heart. Don't ever try to convince me doughnuts aren't healthy.