Saturday, January 22, 2011

Homecoming Princess

A few weeks ago, a student brought a paper into my office and asked me to have Harper fill it out. I was super confused, but he straightened it out by telling me that they wanted Harper to be the Basketball Homecoming Princess. For a person in education, this was almost as good as if someone had asked her to be a flower girl in their wedding. As soon as I got home that day, I told Harper the exciting news...she screamed she was so pumped. She has been wanting to do this for a long time, but I never wanted to push the issue.

So two Tuesdays ago, she got to make her first appearance at the Winter Sports Homecoming Assembly. I don't know if she was more excited to be the princess or to be around 2100 "big" kids. She watched the band and cheerleaders with eyes as big as saucers. She and Trip, the Prince, did a great job and didn't miss a beat as the students cheered super loud for them.


The following Friday night was the Big Event. We usually go to the basketball games because I have to supervise, but this time was different. Before we left, I got Harper's hair all pinned up and packed her pretty dress. She had to wait, what seemed like an eternity to her, until the half time of the boys game for her grand entrance. My whole family came to support Harper and to cheer her on. Again, her and Trip did an excellent job. No hesitations...except when the crowd started chanting "Kiss Her, Kiss Her!" when the Homecoming King & Queen were chosen. I think she was like, "Nobody better lay their lips on me!" :)







1 comments:

alisha said...

that dress is beautiful! so is that little girl!