5 months
148.5 total miles
5 days to Go!
Last year my sister ran in the OKC Memorial Half-Marathon and I thought she was plumb crazy! I can remember going to watch her along the path and racing across the finish line and thinking she was nuts. At that time, I turned to my mom and said, "I don't know how she did it...I can't even run a mile." That was not a lie.
Well...my sister started her recruit Melissa campaign in December (she had already convinced Richard) and I finally gave in. I started training January 3rd of this year. The first week I just had to run a mile...and that was stinkin' tough. But...I did it. I didn't tell anyone I was doing it for awhile...just because I wasn't sure if I could continue. But the competitive side of me stepped in. I feel a little like Forest Gump...but I just keep running and running.
I wouldn't say that LOVE running yet...but I do LIKE it. And I sure do love the results...inches lost! My sister set up a training schedule for us and it included two shorter runs during the week and a long run on the weekend. The distances have gotten progressively longer since January. We are now at running 4-5 miles twice a week and a 10 mile run on the weekend. A few weeks ago, we ran in the Red Bud Classic. We ran the 10K, 6.1 miles, and it was so fun! I am just glad that Richard and I have something we can do together...and the best part is...running is FREE!
Wish me luck on Sunday!

2 comments:
Best of luck to you! I'll be right there beside you the whole way. I am so proud of the progress you have made, and thank you for keeping me motivated, my competitive side wouldn't let me quit until you did. Good thing your stubborn.
I am SOOOOO Proud of you!! I thought about you the whole way home and I just don't know if I could do what you are doing. You truly are inspiring. The race is already over, but I am sure you did an awesome job!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Love you!
Post a Comment