Ten years ago, Richard and I (right after we got married) took a trip to Washington D.C. and loved it. You just can't beat getting to see the history...not to mention...everything is FREE to see. Harper has been infatuated with the White House for the past several years and she has always asked to go see it. We figured she was finally old enough to understand the meaning behind some of the history and it was finally time to go. My parents had never been their either and we knew it would be a great, fun family adventure.
We saw as many sights as we could fit in each day, despite the super humid, HOT weather. I think we walked almost as many miles as it took us to get to DC. :) However, it was very nice to visit the cool, air-conditioned museums in the heat of the afternoon.
We saw as many sights as we could fit in each day, despite the super humid, HOT weather. I think we walked almost as many miles as it took us to get to DC. :) However, it was very nice to visit the cool, air-conditioned museums in the heat of the afternoon.
Public transportation was a new adventure for Harper and Owen and they loved it...except when it was crowded during "rush" hour. I have to share the best story of the whole trip. One evening, Harper, Rich, Owen and I were riding the subway from Georgetown back to College Park. The metro car was packed like sardines and we were all standing. Of course, everyone is usually quiet and subdued on these things, but not Owen. He looked at me and said in normal voice, "Mommy, did you pinch my hinney?" I said no and he proceeded to ask Richard and Harper the same question. To which they replied, "No." In the loudest voice I have heard come out of that kid, he belted out, "SOMEBODY PINCHED MY HINNEY!" and it didn't stop for the next 3 (seemed like 45) minutes, he kept repeating this same phrase. At least we got some people to smile on the metro!
Caution! Lots of pictures follow with captions above.
{Waiting for their First metro ride!}
{He doesn't! He slept through it!}

1 comments:
I forgot how much there is to do there...and how much fun it was! Oh yeah, Where's my cupcake?!! :)
Post a Comment