I got this idea for a Back-to-School Dinner Celebration from my friend Sara a few years ago. I have just been dying to give it a try...and what better time than the start of First Grade.
The Sunday night before school started, we invited Grandma, Boppy, Aunt Melanie, Uncle Cole and Great-Grandma over for Harper's celebratory dinner. I told Harper that I would like to serve her favorite meal from the school cafeteria. She selected chicken nuggets...the planning went from there. We had nuggets, homemade mashed potatoes, rolls, corn, fruit cocktail and salad. Complete with small cups for dipping sauces and of course...cartons of milk! For desert we had warm chocolate chip cookies and homemade ice cream.
And of course no party is complete without decorations...the best part was...I didn't pay a penny for them. A little rummaging around in the playroom and tada! Such a fun way to celebrate this special time of year! Yea School!
3 comments:
you're so fun!
C.U.T.E. party! Now that you have started this, you will have to do it until the graduate from high school!! In theory anyways....hope they don't "outgrow" it till then.
Our babies are growing up too fast. I will work hard to make sure they don't out grow these parties!
Post a Comment