Harper and Owen got to participate in their very first "race" this afternoon! They have been cheering Richard and I on for so many races, that we decided it was time for them to have a try. I totally stumbled across this children's event online and I'm sure glad I did.
Harper has been "training" for the children's marathon in April and has already run about 5 separate miles. So she was geared up and ready for this. I took Owen one day on our run and he actually ran about 1/2 mile on his own. On Friday, we headed to pick up their t-shirts and bibs (numbers) and they were so excited to see their attire for the afternoon. Harper and her friend Gracen, even added tutus!!! Totally princess!
The Princess Run was first and spanned 1.2 miles along the river. My friend Katy ran with Harper and Gracen. I was so bummed because I was planning on running too, but my ankle had other plans. {To make a long story very short, I've been training since December 5th for the 26.2 mile Memorial Marathon...268 miles I've run since December and last weekend, on my 20-mile run...I did something funny to my ankle. I'm now in a boot and I am babying my ankle in hopes of recovery before the big day at the end of this month} But back to the story...The girls took off like lightning and boy were they happy to see us cheering for them on the side of the course. The course was an out and back, so we got to see them on their way back to the finish line too. They were hot and sweaty on the return trip, but were still going strong. They ran about 11:20 min/mile. Pretty impressive!!! So fun to see Harper enjoy something that I love so much!
The Little Dude Dash (or Big Dude Dash as Owen has been calling it) was after the Princess run and spanned 0.6 miles on the same course. Richard & Owen and Katy & Gentry took off...well...much slower than the girls. Owen was pumping those little legs for all he was worth. He was all grins and waves as they passed us on the course. Richard said he even started running faster when he saw us. On the return trip, he was barely jogging, but still had some pep in his step. Getting a medal and an apple made it all worth it to him!
I'm so proud of my Princess and my Little Dude!!!
🎥 watchh Putlocker!!! Zootopia Streaming
6 years ago

2 comments:
LOVE IT! Glad to se the kids getting into your family hobby and loving as much as you all do! Miss seeing you guys. Will be by soon to visit!
WTG Harper and Owen! I love the pic of Harper waving as she runs by...so funny!
Post a Comment