Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Last of the First!


Harper ended her First grade year and is now very excited to see what Second grade has in store for her.  She had an excellent year and I am still in shock at all she learned.  She went in as a non-reader (well...pretty much) and came out as the reading fool!  She even got an award for getting the most AR points in her class.  At the end of the year, her teacher gave her the Starburst Award (an award for a "star" student who worked hard in every day in all areas!)  I think she was most excited about the pack of starbursts that came with the certificate! :)
The last Friday of school, I took off work to go on her class field trip.  The entire First grade went.  We walked from the school about a mile to an indoor inflatable jumping place, played for an hour or so and then walked back to the park by the school to have a picnic lunch and play.  It is always so much fun to see Harper interact with her school friends!



Harper was glad it was summer, so she could do all of the fun things we have planned...but on the last day of school she was bummed out.  I asked her why and she said, "because I love school!"  I love my little enthusiastic learner!

0 comments: