Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Color Me Rad...if you say so!

So, those of you who know me...know I am kind of a clean freak.  Therefore, I have never been very interested in any of those mud runs or color runs or anything of that sort.  I just like to run and sweat...that is enough for me.  But with much convincing from my daughter and my friend...I agreed to run the Color Me Rad 5K when it came to town this year.  Again, all I could think about was how messy we were going to be.  So much so that I took an old shirt and repurposed it into a tank top (Thank you Pinterest!) for the run.  When we were pulling off the highway to the race, you could see a huge thick billowing cloud of pink dust!  Oh boy!
But boy was I surprised...I love it!  We actually had a ton of fun!  The girls were so excited to get messy and Harper just couldn't get enough of that color on her and I.  We had a blast during the race and even stayed at the end and let the kids color themselves some more!  Next year, we will have to take the whole family to get colored up!  And maybe now I will branch out on my running a little more! :)














1 comments:

Sara said...

I bet those were some dirty bathtubs and showers later that night!! Looks like a blast...I might actually enjoy that kind of running, lol!