Owen's Birthday was a special day this year...it fell on the same day as the Memorial Marathon! This has become quite a family affair over the past 4 years and this year...we all participated.
Grandma & Owen ran the Kid's Marathon (1.2 miles)
Harper...along with her friends ran the 5K (3.1 miles)
Boppy & his friend Loy walked the Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
Aunt Melanie ran the Half (13.1 miles...7 of which she was with us before we turned off)
Richard and I ran the Marathon (26.2 miles)
I love the fact that everyone of us was involved in the race somehow. I couldn't think of a better cause to support and a better memory to remember! Last year, if you remember, I trained for the full up until just a few weeks before and I hurt my ankle. I ended up running the kids run. 5 months of training to run 1.2 miles...whew! So this year, I was determined. I set out on a much more regimented and steady training schedule and was determined more than ever. Richard and my friend Katy trained with me...again! Although there were some injuries along the way...I kept on. Unfortunately, Katy was hurt this time...so Richard and I pushed on. Through several 20 mile training runs, runs in the snow, runs in the rain, runs in the heat...but all of that training paid off. My goal was to finish the Full in under 5 hours. I was really hoping for 4:30, but it was a really hot day and my knee was giving me fits. But...in 4:53 mins I finished my very first Full Marathon...all 26.2 miles of it. Tons of support along the way...meant the world to me. So many people believing in me! There are days I think...I can't believe I actually did it! Thank goodness Richard was with me...my cheerleader..the whole way! After all that...next year, I think I'm doing the half! :)
🎥 watchh Putlocker!!! Zootopia Streaming
6 years ago

1 comments:
I'm so proud of ALL of you!! That's an amazing memory you will all have for a very long time. However, it looks like there was way too much smiling going on while running, lol!
Post a Comment