Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where did our Elephants go?

Okay...so the last time we went to the OKC Zoo, something was missing. And we go enough that Harper knows if something is out of place. So the first stop of that particular morning was at the Elephants...but wait...they were GONE! What is a mother to do? I scoured the railing and came across a sign that detailed the elephants' departure. They were on a vacation at the Tulsa Zoo to "get babies." :) "How long will they be gone Mom?" I looked at the sign again...was I reading it correctly. TWO YEARS!!! In a 3 year old's mind...that is forever. She then stated that we MUST go and visit them. So where did we go...The Tulsa Zoo!

I had never been to the Tulsa Zoo before, but I loved it. It was smaller than the OKC Zoo but very clean and kid friendly. The first thing we did was go to visit the elephants. And as soon as Harper saw them she yelled, "They missed me Mom!" I am sure they did little darling. We stopped on the way up there to get her a disposable camera and I thought she was going to use it all on the elephants. But we moved on.


We spent 3 super fun, but very hot hours at the Zoo looking at bears, monkeys, etc. They even had penguins, which we don't have in OKC. The last part of the day we paid a little extra to enter Feather Fest. It was soooo cool! We were each given a popsicle stick that was covered with birdseed and held it out for the birdies to eat from. Harper was holding her stick and a bird jumped right on it. She wasn't scared, she just said, "Look...Mom...Mommy!" She is such a brave girl. Then, of course, Mom, the Zoology teacher had to give it a try! :)




Of course, it wouldn't be a complete trip to Tulsa without a trip to Scraphappy's, my heaven on earth! And for Daddy...we made a trip to our fav Tulsa restaurant, Goldie's!

0 comments: