Monday, August 18, 2008

We Survived!


Hooray! The first day went off without a hitch. Harper woke up on her own this morning a little after 7 am and was so ready to get dressed. We got all dressed and before I could tell her to, she had her backpack on and was standing by the backdoor! We grabbed her lunchbox and off we went.
We were actually the 2nd people there this morning, which was good! I didn't want to be first! We walked in and placed her mat in its cubby and dropped off our backpack in its cubby and that is the end of the story... She gave me a little kiss and was off to play with the magnets (she remembered them from Open House!)
About halfway through my training today I remembered...puppy and blankie were at home still! Yikes!!! So, I left school and ran home to get them. While at home, I slipped in the garage (it was slick from the hurricane rains today!) skinned my knee and got my skirt dirty! All I could do was laugh because I was on the verge of tears...but I got the essentials delivered to Harper at school.
This afternoon I couldn't wait to pick her up. The class happened to be playing in the gym when I arrived and she was excited to see me! This is what she has told me so far...more stories kept coming as the evening wore on. This is all her story!

-she slept on the hard side of her mat
-all the kids but her brought their pillows...and she just had to sleep on her arm
-she didn't eat breakfast, but ate Gracen's grapes and crackers
-the green kid had to sit at the end of the table because he was being bad...his name was Ben...she thinks.
-they played duck-duck-goose in the gym
-they held their fingers over their mouths when they walked down the hall
-Ms. Graham's name starts with Cracker...chuckle. (I can't believe she came up with that one)
-She went to the bathroom all by herself and they have little sinks.

And that is the story so far...to be continued tomorrow!

3 comments:

Grandma T said...

Well my favorite story from today has to be "Ms. Graham" whose first name is Cracker. The green boy is a close second.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny that you worry and worry about how they will do and then they could care less that you left the classroom? Great stories!

Anonymous said...

When I read and hear this I don't know if my tears are from laughter or sadness because I can't believe she is such a big "kid". Lucky for us she is a great story teller.