Sunday, August 17, 2008

Who's more nervous?

Well...I am sitting here this evening with a million emotions about Harper's First Day of School tomorrow. I know it is just a 3 year old program, but she will be at a real school with real kids and a real playground and a real cafeteria. All stuff she has never experienced before. I feel like that Wal-Mart commercial that has been airing lately...the mom says she can't be with her daughter on the first day of school, etc. but she hopes she has given her all the tools necessary to succeed. That girl was 16 and Harper is only 3, but I can find so many comparisions. I probably won't be able to sleep much tonight because I will be worrying about my sweet little baby!
But I guess there is a first time for everything...huh? I can't wait to report back to everyone tomorrow on the trials and tribulations of Harper's First Day. Please pray for both of us to survive this exciting experience.

On another note...we had a wonderful weekend before the whirlwind begins. Friday night we went to Hideaway with some of Richard's friends. Harper loves to watch them "make pizza" and "throw dough." So I let her watch them for a long time. They are always so friendly and play/tease her through the glass, but Friday was extra special. They actually came out and gave her a HUGE ballof pizza dough. She was so excited she could hardly stand it! It was shredded in the backseat of the car by the time we got home.
Saturday we went with Grandma to Target to get all of Harper's school supplies and lunch/breakfast stuff. We had a ton of fun shopping! Saturday evening we were invited to celebrate Gracen's 3rd birthday at her house. Gracen is Harper's very best friend. It was a really fun party becuase it was Princess themed (right up Harper's alley). Gracen got a ton of super fun dress up clothes and Harper can't wait to play with her. Harper even started jumping on their trampoline. She is getting brave in her old age! HAPPY B-DAY GRACEN!!!
This morning, we went to church and it felt so refreshing. It was just what I needed to take my mind off of the drama of tomorrow. I worked around the house while Harper napped and when she woke up we went over to Grandma and Boppy's to play with Aunt Melanie and Uncle Cole. Harper was playing doctor with them and had Cole bandaged all over his face. They also played with her new playdough. This evening, we all went to POPS on Route 66 in Arcadia. If you've never been there...you should go! It is so fun and the best part it they have over 500 different types of Pop to buy. We always buy a few to sample and they are so yummy! One last Hoorah before school! (Well...I think we have had several last hoorahs lately!)

4 comments:

The Bryans said...

Good luck to you both on the big day! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Well, if it helps any, her Grandma Toni didn't sleep either. I woke up too many times to count, each time worrying about a different part of her day. I will be on pins and needles all day waiting for my "call" from Harper.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! Can't believe she is old enough for school already! Time goes toooo fast!

Grandma T said...

Add my name to the list of those who couldn't get to sleep. My first thought this morning was "Harper's at school now. Wonder how it's going.

Love,

Grandma T