Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So much to be thankful for...


Richard, Harper and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving as usual. Wednesday we went to paint pottery with the Hoke "Circus" and Harper did a great job. I was so thankful for Richard's help with all of the kids. Such fun...but I think we might wait awhile before we go back. So much breakable stuff!
Thursday we stayed home in the morning and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Harper was mesmorized by all of it. She watched almost the entire thing. She wanted to help me cook...but she just couldn't peel herself away from the TV. That afternoon we went to my parents' house to eat. We had all of the usual fixins and they were delicious! I love Thanksgiving!!!
Friday morning it was "Up and At 'em" for a grand day of shopping with my sister and mom. My mom and I started off at Target at about 5:30 AM. It was actually really organized and not many rude people! :) We shopped around most of the morning and ended up at home just in time for me to take a nap.
Saturday Ethan came over to play with Harper. They had so much fun. It is just great to see her interact with him and he is quite smitten with her too! Saturday night we went over to Grandma T's to help her put up Christmas decorations. We put ours up last week...so it was good to still have some decorating to do...keeping with tradition and all.
Sunday was quiet. Getting ready to head back to school and work!
It was a wonderful break...probably the most relaxing I have had in a very long time!

0 comments: