Sunday, August 15, 2010

Girl's Night In!

About every week or so...not on a school night...Harper and I have a sleepover. She gathers up her bazillion belongings and moves into my room to stay up late and sleep with Mommy!

It is probably one of her most favorite things to do. This summer has been difficult because she asks almost nightly..."Can I sleep with you Mommy?" I have to tell her no because I have to go to work...even though she gets to stay home. Last week she had asked a ton of times and finally I stearnly told her "No!" She started crying and said..."It's no fair...Daddy gets to sleep with you EVERY night and I don't!" I had to giggle on that one!

So finally Saturday night rolled around and we were scheduled for our sleepover. As we were driving to my parent's that night for supper she chimes in from the backseat..."Stayin' up til 10 everynight...Ooooohhh Yeaaahhh!" If you've seen Alvin and Chipmunks this is a classic line from that flick! She makes me laugh. A true comedian!

Love you Sleepover Buddy!

0 comments: