
Kindergarten! The past month or so...I could hardly mention the word without getting choked up. This is Harper's third year in school and her second year at the same Elementary School...but there is just something about your baby girl going to Kindergarten that brings about all kinds of emotion. Happy, excited, scared, nervous, and proud...to name a few! Remember when your babies were born, somebody would always say, "Watch out before you know it they will be starting Kindergarten." Boy, were they RIGHT!

{Good Morning Kindergartener!}
Harper was so excited to go back to school, she could hardly stand it. She spent quite a few days before picking out her new outfit, packing her supplies in her backpack and checking the breakfast/lunch menu to make sure she liked it. That morning of the first day, she woke up extra early, of course, and was ready to get dressed immediately. As Richard and I were also preparing for our first days of school, Harper went to her room and got herself dressed. After I fixed her hair, she had her backpack on and was ready to go. But...she had to wait on Mom!



I had thought about just taking her and dropping her off at school for the early program she attends. Afterall, she did this last year and did fine! But there was just a gut feeling that told me I had to take her to her FIRST DAY of KINDERGARTEN! So, she stayed with Boppy and I ran to my school. I rushed all of the high schoolers to 1st hour and had just enough time to run back home to pick up Harper. Her and Boppy were waiting on the curb...she was grinning from ear to ear. Once we arrived at school, she ran to the cafeteria, jumped right in line for her tray...just like she never skipped a beat. Once she was at the table with her friends, she said..."Ok, Mom you can leave now!" GASP!!! Ok, so I realized that I was the one with all of the emotion!

{Yummy Breakfast Pizza!}
You know Moms...before we know it they will be headed off to college! :)
3 comments:
Please......lets not ever mention that last line ever again!
We have a wonderful little girl (not that I'm biased or anything)
i agree with richard...don't say the college thing. it will be too soon!
I have to also agree with Rich! Even though Preston has already chosen where he is going :(
Post a Comment