Sunday, August 1, 2010

It was a BIG Day!

Well...yesterday marked the Big 3-0 for me! It was a fantastic day filled with family, fun, and food!

The day started early with Breakfast at Mimi's Cafe with my parents, sister and brother-in-law and of course my crew! To my suprise...everyone wore BLACK!!! A true day of mourning! :)

Ater a super yummy breakfast and awesome presents, my mom, sister, Harper and I headed to mall so I could do a little back to school shopping. It was suprisingly not crowded and we found a ton of good deals with lots of "percents off." But we soon ran out of steam...so we headed home to the cool for a restful afternoon. I actually laid on the couch and watched TV while the kids napped. It took some restraint not to pick up, do the laundry, etc...but I managed just fine!

Yesterday evening, my parents watched the kids and Richard and I went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's. It was delicious and not to mention a splurge to eat dinner while it was still hot and without any little people! :)

Thank you to everyone who sent cards, gifts and well wishes too! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family!

Thanks to everyone for making turning the Big 3-0 bearable! :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am so sorry I didn't get you called, but my only free time yesterday was during naptime and I figured you might be taking a nap as well, since you are an OLD lady now! I thought about you lots and I am so glad your family made your day so special!

alisha said...

yay! happy birthday! looks like a great day! enjoy your new decade, I am soon to follow! :) miss you, friend.