Saturday, April 9, 2011

Best Moments at Disney

Well...I've finally come to end of our Disney Pictures...so I will end the blog-a-ganza with two of our most favorite things we did at Disney World. As a surprise to Harper, we scheduled a session for her at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She knew about the boutique from seeing it on TV and other kids talking about it at school, but I kept telling her that probably this time she would just get a princess dress. The day of the boutique experience, I packed Harper's brush in the stroller before we left the resort. On the bus she said, "Why is my brush in the stroller?" I just kinda shrugged it off and she never asked again. After lunch that day, I said, "Harper do you want to know why your brush is in the stroller?" Then I told her all about the BBB. She was soooo excited. I should have gotten a picture of her face at that moment. She kept telling Richard and I thank you! thank you! The experience was truly magical and I am so lucky to have such a grateful little girl!

{Blank Slate...the Before!}


{Step 1: The Dress}

{Step 2: Meet Your Fairy Godmother}

{Step 3: Hair...lots of glue...I mean gel!}

{Step 4: Makeup and Nails}

{Step 5: The Sash!}

{Step 6: The Big Reveal! Big Smiles all around!}

One of the nights we were at WDW, we traveled (by boat) to the Fort Wilderness Campground for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. This was kind of Owen's treat like Harper going to the BBB. I would have to say this was the most FUN thing we did the entire trip! It was outdoors with huge picnic tables and a super huge, super yummy BBQ buffet. We filled our plates, sat down and the music began. It was a live country band with a singer and two emcees, done up in Disney style for sure. After we ate, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Chip & Dale showed up to dance with the kids. They had a huge dance floor and all of the characters just danced around with the kids. It was just the kind of interaction Owen needed to warm up with the characters. I think Harper would have danced all night long if wouldn't have had to leave. It was a ton of fun! We sure did have making LOTS of MEMORIES on our trip! Family Vacations Rock!


1 comments:

Sara said...

Those both sound like tons of fun! I can't wait until all of our kids are big enough to take there!! I know just who to call to help me plan it. :)