I should have posted this sooner, so you knew that I survived...but I made it through my first half-marathon. Our (what I would call amateur) running group set out at 5:30 am to get in the "chute" for the race. After we were dropped off downtown...it started raining...pouring...blowing wind and rain! They delayed the race until 7:00 am and we had to sit under the closest awning we could find for almost an hour. Eventually it was time to line up...by this time we were freezing, a little damp but still ready to run. We ended up getting behind a bunch of slow starters & walkers, but we eventually snaked our way through by mile 3. It must have been adrenaline that got me through...or my running buddy...because I was absolutely freezing and soaked to the core by about mile 6. But then, I got to see my kiddos cheering for me from the sidelines...totally made it worth it. We made a short potty stop at mile 10...and found the finish line in 2 hours 25 minutes and 43 seconds. Let's just say...my goal was 2 and a half hours and in the 42 degree freezing cold rain...I was pretty excited. Gotta find a new race soon to keep me motivated!
🎥 watchh Putlocker!!! Zootopia Streaming
6 years ago

1 comments:
WAY TO GO!! You totally make me want to run this race next year!
Post a Comment