Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cousins...For Real!!!

Well...Harper and Owen are finally going to be cousins...FOR REAL!  My sister, Melanie and Cole are going to have a baby at the end of September.  A few weeks ago, they asked us to come over to my parents house.  They said they had gotten the kids something when they were in Las Vegas.  They took the kids to the back of the house to "show them" and the kids came running out with super cute "Cousins" shirts on...in perfect colors!  I'm beyond excited...my mind is spinning with ideas on things to make and do...so fun!  Harper is a little concerned though, she said the other day, "Mom, do you think you and Dad are too old to be an Aunt and Uncle?"  I guess aunts and uncles are supposed to be young and fun.  Oh well, this baby is going to have old and fun!!!

That night, they showed us the first few ultrasound pictures and Owen looked right at it, studied it and said "That's a cow!"  Well, the only babies our house has seen in awhile is the cow variety...so I guess that is all he has to go on!  Harper thinks it is going to be a girl, but the only name suggestion she has given is Max...hmmm!
Of course, Owen wants it to be a boy...named...COW!
I have always loved the fact that Harper claims my best friend Sara's kids as her cousins, but now we are going to have a real cousin and Harper still doesn't even know the difference.  The first thing she said, "I'm so excited; I'm finally going to have cousins that live close to me!"
Harper has been practicing holding and feeding a baby, she has been making Owen practice too.  She was practicing with a "girl" baby and Owen was practicing with a "boy" baby and he dropped it on its head. Harper said, "I hope the baby isn't a boy or Owen is going to be in trouble."  Boy or Girl?  We shall see!

1 comments:

Sara said...

I am so excited about Melanie and Cole's baby! I already warned her that I expect to be called "Aunt" Sara too....since our kids are cousins and all!