This year, I had a brilliant idea...swim lessons before summer. I know...genius! :) So we headed to the local YMCA, closest one is about 10 mins from our house to sign up.
Harper has been going every Tuesday and Thursday during the month of March and she is loving it. I put her in a class that was a little more advanced than what I thought, but she is doing great. They practice in 6 foot water and do varying degrees of strokes on their backs and fronts...all the way across the pool. They started with a kickboard, but have progressed to only using a pool noodle when necessary. At the end of every lesson they practice their dives and she loves that. She has been a real trooper and I am hoping that she has developed some good swimming habits over the past few weeks! Here's to looking forward to summer!
{this was the first night of the pencil dive...needed some practice!}
{Harper's friend Gracen goes with us!}

1 comments:
How fun to get to practice swimming already!
Post a Comment