Our Halloween Season (it seems like a season, because we do so many activities) was filled with...well...lots of candy this year!
We started off Sunday with the carnival at church. The kids went down for a quick nap after lunch and then we got them dressed up and headed to the carnival. It was actually not crowded at all this year and most of the high school kids running the games were glad to see us. Translation...tons of candy! Owen was a little nervous at first, but when he saw Harper get all the candy, he quickly joined in. By the end, Harper was using her apron as additional candy storage. They were excited to get Halloween started!
On Halloween, the actual day, we had Grandma, Boppy, Uncle Cole, Aunt Mel and Baby Hazen over for chilli dogs and cupcakes. It was the perfect fall meal to start the perfect fall evening. After dinner, we got all of the kids dressed in their costumes. Hazen didn't even seem to mind his bumble bee costume...and I do have to say he is the cutest bee I've ever seen!
We headed outside and met some of our friends to go trick or treating around the neighborhood. Our neighborhood was packed! Cars parked all up and down the street and people everywhere. The kids were literally running from house to house and I was having to run to keep up. Owen thought the spookier the house...the better! Lots of houses had fog and loud noises, but that didn't scare him. He was on a mission for candy. Harper loved telling everyone about her Laura Ingalls Wilder costume. She was so proud of it! She is such a polite trick or treater...Owen on the other hand...hmmm. I caught him at one house saying, "Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!" I told him that wasn't polite and not to say it again. As we went to the next house, Grandma asked him what he was supposed to say. He responded, "Trick or Treat...Don't Smell My Feet!" Oh boy! After we finished Trick or Treating...Harper and her friends were dying to hand out candy. They handed out every bit of candy that I bought before they headed inside. I think they might have like that more than anything.
Here's to a great Halloween filled with candy and stinky feet!

1 comments:
Owen is such a wise guy ~ Love that new saying!! Westynn wasn't the most graceful trick or treater this year either!!
Post a Comment