Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Annual Family Vacation...

We recently returned home from our annual family vacation. This year we returned to one of our favorite places...Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks...Wyoming! Richard, Harper and I traveled with my parents in their 5thWheel or "Vacation Home" as Harper likes to call it.



After the more than 24 hours of driving, we arrived at Yellowstone NP. While we are there, we set out each day to see the sights of the most beautiful and intriguing places our country has to offer.



We saw Old Faithful, The Mud Pots, Mammoth, and had a chance to drive to every entrance to Yellowstone except one. We also visited the towns of Gardiner, Montana, Cody and West Yellowston, Wyoming. Lots of fun touring...but the most fun was walking to the little store by our campsite every night to get an ice cream treat! :)


After our 4 day stay at Yellowstone, we headed south to Jackson Hole, WY. While there, we toured the town and did a little shopping (getting Harper some clothes for back to school!). We stayed at Colter Bay in Grand Teton NP (probably the prettiest mountain range I have ever seen!). Richard and I even got a chance to give Kayaking a go. Super fun! We are trying to find a place in Oklahoma to make it our new hobby!



At the end of the trip, Richard, Harper and I flew home from Jackson Hole on the 4th of July! We got to see fireworks from the sky...Amazing!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know who did all the PADDLING!

Amanda said...

Melissa! You are in soooo much trouble. I CAN'T BELIEVE you came to Cody and I didn't get to see you!!! Thought since I hadn't heard from you you had cancelled your vacation. Now you'll just have to come back...
Fun blog, by the way.