Monday, August 2, 2010

DIY Project

I was inspird by this at Macy's in NYC this summer and knew I had to make it for Harper's room. After gathering supplies for a few weeks and brainstorming ideas...the transformation began!

Posted by Picasa

Richard painted the vine on the wall with two different green paint samples we picked up at Lowe's. I put the lampshade together after multiple trips to Hobby Lobby. You wouldn't believe how many flowers it took to fill that thing! 5 bunches to be exact! We installed a light kit with a switch right by Harper's bed and taaaadaaaa...

The Finished Product!

Harper said, "I can call my room a garden now!" She loves it and it makes a pretty good reading light for bedtime stories! :)

2 comments:

alisha said...

soooo cute. you're so dang crafty. love it.

Sara said...

LOVE IT! I need to borrow Richard...I have a TON of projects like this swimming around in my head!